Heat or no heat, it's time to bake some muffins! Sophia has a friend coming over to spend the day with us and no child can resist warm blueberry muffins! Not to mention, I bought a 1.5 L basket of blueberries on Sunday and it's dwindling quickly. These muffins can be made with the store bought large blueberries, but nothing compares to wild northern blueberries! If you don't have the time or ambition to pick blueberries in this heat, you can always stop by the side of the road and pay through the nose for a basket...which is what I did!
Gabrielle's Blueberry Muffin Recipe
1/4 Cup Softened Butter
1/3 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cream together butter and sugar until pale. Add egg and sour cream and mix until just blended.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add 1 Cup + a handful more if you like. Gently mix in the blueberries. The batter is stiff and if you mix it too hard you'll squish the blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake at 400 for 20 minutes. Perfection!